About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Washington I enjoy giving God praise for each day I see. Thanks to him for current & future blessings. I enjoy fashion! I love how you can switch it up&be different!!! I also,love cruising through others fashion life! I'm an educator. I love teaching & building relationships with my students. Such a joy!!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blog post #8

Randy Pausch's Lecture:

This presentation was so helpful and amazing. It was filled with so much examples of life experiences for future educators. Mr. Pausch focused on childhood dreams, enabling other people dreams, and the lessons learned. He also talks about his different job experiences and the people he had to work with.

He basically discusses his childhood dreams and how they came to life. The one childhood dream I enjoyed the most was him wanting to join the football league. I like the fact he had a dream to play football and joined a team the age of nine years old. He described how his coach road him one day at practice. I think the coach had the right idea. Some of your students need to be road like that. Push them until they be successful. That is the best way to make sure your students are successful by pushing and encouraging them each and every day.

He gave an example of how educators can enable students dreams. An educator job is to encourage their students and let them know all things are possible. Mr. Pausch makes this happen by coming up with an class that allow students to work in groups. It was titled building virtual worlds I think..Basically the students were put into groups to come up with an invention in two weeks and present it.

I also find the dream fulfillment factory to be a good source or example for feature educators. Basically the program is set up for artists and technologists to work together to make different inventions. Mr.Pausch stated how it is basically video technology to teach people how to do certain things. The program was such a success that the program was offered their students sure internships.


He ends the presentation with lesson learned. He discusses how important parents, educators, mentors, and friends are to you as an individual. They are your encourager.They help enable your dreams. This video does a good job at showing future educators the route to go in the classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment