About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Washington I enjoy giving God praise for each day I see. Thanks to him for current & future blessings. I enjoy fashion! I love how you can switch it up&be different!!! I also,love cruising through others fashion life! I'm an educator. I love teaching & building relationships with my students. Such a joy!!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blog post #9

ALEX: Alabama Learning Exchange:

This program is basically designed to help future educators in the classrooms. It is broken up into six different tabs. They are as follows: courses of study, web links, search, lesson plans, personal workspace, and podcast treasury. Each tab has many examples that you could use in the classroom. The personal workspace is very helpful it allows educator to keep lesson plans together and other material. It is another way to keep up with paper work because some educators have so much paper work that they can not keep up with it. The courses of study give you examples of how to teach each subject on that grade level. In my opinion this is a good program for future educators because it allows you to get prepared for the classroom. Also give you good examples of certain lessons plan. In the field of education beg, borrow, and steal is fine!!!

ACCESS: Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators and Students Statewide Program:

This program is designed for distance learning in public schools. It basically allow students to take classes that they would not be able to take in their school. I think this a good program because it allow students all over the US to use it. It also allows them to sign up for offered classes online that is not offered in their school. Some people may say this is good and bad at the same time. Some students may want to take advantage of this opportunity but can not afford to get a computer. Then someone may say their are libraries available for those students they do not have one. But you also got to look at transportation as being an issue also. Over all I think this is a good idea because it allow students to take advantage of a good opportunity.

4 comments:

  1. I like what you had to say about ACCESS! It is a good way for students to take classes that are not offered in schools. It also provides more opportunities. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the ALEX website it is pretty awesome how we can use the website to get things from other teachers to help us make lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with both of your blogs. Like we have disscussed before there are always going to be pros and cons in any situation. You did a great job explaining both on ACCESS and ALEX. However, overall technology does seem to make many peoples lives alot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "beg, borrow, and steal." Although, I hope I do more borrowing then begging or stealing in my teaching career. I love that so many teachers are so willing to share their knowledge with other techers. I love the ALEX site and I look forward to using it in the future.

    ReplyDelete