About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Washington I enjoy giving God praise for each day I see. Thanks to him for current & future blessings. I enjoy fashion! I love how you can switch it up&be different!!! I also,love cruising through others fashion life! I'm an educator. I love teaching & building relationships with my students. Such a joy!!!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blog assign. 4

All of the websites that were given for us to watch had some good information for future educators to use. It also, made some good points of why pod casting should be integrated into the classrooms. The educators in the videos had good examples to back up what they had to say about pod casting. There were two links that caught my eye. I watched the fist link and it discussed pod casting as a way of enhancing education.

Langwitches: Is a website that discusses pod casting and how parents feel about it. He makes a good point about pod casting. He stated that it is a way of enhancing education to students in a way that will keep their attention. I totally agree with him. The example of parents getting upset about their children using computers to learn was a good example. We all know that parents freak out when they hear their children are learning from computers. Parents do this because they are so use to paper and pencil. They also point out that technology allow students to pick up on listening skills, auditory skills, technology skills, and organizational skills. I feel that long as the students are learning have at it.

The second link was also very interesting. It discusses the benefits of pod casting in the classroom. It brought to my attention how this generation of children are using technology day in and day out. So why not teach with technology??? It is something students enjoy doing. This web site gave the best example of how helpful pod casing is. The skit went like this....A student was to sick to come to class. But, she was still able to prepare for her big test that was coming up. She was able to do so because her instructions uses pod casting and post all the assignments and study guides online.

The videos on numbers 28 & 29 was also a big help. It gave you a good tour of how to start your own podcast. It basically shows you how to start from scratch. All the websites that were provide was a big help for future educators.

1 comment:

  1. I like the point you made about parents being so used to paper and pencil that they feel uncomfortable when their children are learning with technology. It's very true!

    ReplyDelete