About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Washington I enjoy giving God praise for each day I see. Thanks to him for current & future blessings. I enjoy fashion! I love how you can switch it up&be different!!! I also,love cruising through others fashion life! I'm an educator. I love teaching & building relationships with my students. Such a joy!!!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

BLOG POST5...

Wickipedia:
This blog brings good points to students and educators attention about how unreliable the site is. Since I been in the school system as a youngster I was taught not to use the site. The website is basically an online encyclopedia that can be change at any time of the day or month. It is very opinionated and should not be used to get information for a project or what every the case my be. Wickipedia is basically a site for your entertainment and not anything to serious. The website gave an good example of how people can go and change information on Wickipedia. The example was how this company went into the website and deleted fifteen paragraphs off the site. This example should open the eyes of citizens who may think about using this site as a reference.

"What I've Learned This Year":
The author of this blog does a very good job at schooling future educators. He basically outlines how he first started out his career as an educator. Tells how he had the perfect lessons plan made out and it did not work out. That is how educating students work out, lesson plan may fall through or you may have to just go with the flow. Education is a learning process for the educator and the student at the same time. He made a good point about making your lesson plans student centered. The students are the main focus in the classroom. They are the future generation and their education is so important.

The teacher desk website:
This website was very interesting and gave good reasons why blogging and videos should be integrated into the classrooms. A lot of students are into using computers in today's society. So why not keep their attention by allowing them to use computers in the classrooms from pod casting and videos. The students are gaining social skills and learning at the same time. I think pod casting is a very good way to keep the students involved in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Wikipedia is unreliable, but it can be used. Yes, things change often, but you can get a start on your topic. The sources where the information was taken is useful for me. I agree with that "education is a learning process, and our lessons should be student centered." It's important that we teach at the grade level appropriate and not underneath or above them. Great post! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    You bring up a good point about students in todays world already using more technology then we did as young students. We need to tap into the fact that they are already interested in technology and use it to help us teach them in the future.

    ReplyDelete