About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Washington I enjoy giving God praise for each day I see. Thanks to him for current & future blessings. I enjoy fashion! I love how you can switch it up&be different!!! I also,love cruising through others fashion life! I'm an educator. I love teaching & building relationships with my students. Such a joy!!!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog post6

Dr. Christie's site:
Her website is very helpful to educators and future educators. The website focused on so many ways to present information to students in the classroom. The link that caught my eye was the workshop. It is basically a visual that help the students learn the lesson for that day. The application is called Web 2.o. It basically focus on mapping mash-ups and she states how students can use this to incorporate their research. This site also, offer researchers and educators new ways of presenting and analyzing data.

iTunes University:
Allows the students to transfer music to an I pod or I phone. This site is very helpful to students to access and quick. It is also designed for sharing. i Tunes users can open their play lists to any other i Tunes user. This website also, allow students and educators to make and access podcast. This website is very helpful to educators and students in presenting and gathering educational information for research.

Duke University:
As I did some research on this university I found out a lot of information. Here is the website that I visited cit.duke.edu/pdf/reports/ipod_initiative_04_05.pdf. This college first year interbreeding i pods into the classrooms was 2005. The students have academic i pod projects that they have to do within the school semester. The students enjoyed using the i pod to learn and present academic material in a different way. The use of the i pod increased the frequency and depth of student interaction with audio course content through portable and flexible access offered by the i pod. We all know that i pods has so many features and allow you to do so many things. For example, downloading music, searching the web, pod casting, and cooking a nice dinner.

Technologically Literate Teacher:
Is basically a teacher that knows the computer inside and out. Everyone will not become a technologically literate teacher. It is fine not to be in my opinion. I feel that every teacher should know the basic operations of a computer from pod casting and searching the web. Educators should also, feel fine with upgrading their teaching devices. For example, some educators still use or have the overhead in their classrooms. It is okay to upgrade to a smart board. As long as that educator gets schooled on how to use the device and use its features. The features on new technology in today's society has so many helpful ideas and information that will benefit the students and the educator at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I appreciate it. Please come and visit me sometime on my new class blog with Miss MacKinlay.
    You'll make a great teacher. You click the link here: http://www.pesscribes.blogspot.com

    From Andee in Room 11@Pt England School, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Good post, i agree with you on the technologically literate teacher. I don't think they have to know everything, but as long as they try to learn or keep up with what is going on, then i think that is okay too! Good post, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Christie's website is very helpful. I enjoyed it as well. I also feel that itunesU is helpful for students and teachers alike. However I agree that not all teachers will be technological literate but I feel that educators should at least strive to know as much as the students and the students will definitely be technologically literate.

    ReplyDelete